FlightFox is a unique new Web startup that can save you a lot of money on your ticket to Japan. For $29, you can save $100 or more on your ticket and possibly even get an upgrade.
The site is a marketplace that matches people who fly for fun (you and me) with expert frequent flyers who compete to find you the best, cheapest flight. Those guys know the deepest details of every airline and deliver more consistently than a travel agency can. They're so good that they booked a round-the-world trip on 6 continents for $1,730!
Here's how to use it:
1. Create a new "Contest" at FlightFox.com with your destination and dates, like any other flight booking site.
2. Answer 4 simple questions about your flexibility and frequent flyer miles.
3. Set your bid price. International flights start at $29, but the higher you bid, the more attention you'll get from experts.
4. The flight experts all compete to find you the best and cheapest flight using their knowledge of how to avoid taxes, surcharges and fees and how to get you the most frequent flyer miles.
5. Pick the winner and book that flight! Congratulations, you've saved money.
FlightFox is my new favorite way to book a flight. I'm tired of searching on travel sites, and I happily pay $29 to have my own personal travel agency that works at my pace.